Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday, a week ago, I bought some seeds in the dollar section at target (that place is the equivalent to candy land in reality). I planted a couple sunflowers in the little pot it came with. I knew I'd probably forget to water it regularly, but I think it should be okay if I remember every so often. Today I checked it and look! Already new life! One of the little guys had already shoved the shell off his back. I helped the others...
(that might be cheating, because I'm pretty sure they're racing...but I'd like more company rather than one winner, ya know?)




p.s.
funny story about when I bought the seeds:
I was getting a car looked at to see about buying it. So I was carless (left mine at the dealership, left the other at the shop) and walking. I bought 3 "seed starter kits" and 1 bag of wildflower seeds, I also bought organic fair trade coffee and a pack of 3 recycled "going green" journals. The cashier, I think, was a little scared. Unfortunately, my burlap grocery tote was in my car, so I had to use a new grocery bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment